CONTRACT PRICING IS FOR DISTRIBUTORS WHO ARE PURCHASING FOR RESALE ONLY.
Yes, we provide contract printing/decorating and order fulfillment services to verified distributors – and, we do it with an understanding of confidentiality and integrity.
Contract service is for brokers or distributors who purchase their own blank goods in bulk and send those goods to us to decorate. This is something we do every day for some very popular and well-known companies. If you want to begin using us for contract services, please read our guidelines below. If you have any questions feel free to call us.
- As a contract service buyer, you should qualify as a “business” with a business license and a tax-exempt number. We require a copy of your resale certificate regardless of state (we must be able to verify that you are a legitimate re-seller). This will authorize your access to contract pricing and allow you to buy contract printing services tax-free by the state of Florida for the legal purpose of reselling to your customers. If you do not have a tax-exempt number then, as far as the state is concerned, you must be charged sales tax at the time of sale.
- Contract print buyers should provide their own garments at least 48 hours before the scheduled print date. If not, there isn’t time to count them and alert you to any shortages the supplier may have caused. If the print price is based on a specific quantity and the order is short of that quantity, regardless of the cause, pricing will be redressed based on actual quantity. You should allow sufficient time to rectify these situations.
- Contract print buyers who expect no art charges should provide excellent, clean “ready to print” (at print size) art. Buyers who provide low-res or otherwise insufficient art will incur art charges.
- Contract print buyers should provide written documentation detailing all pertinent aspects of the print job to allow it to be done correctly the first time.
- Contract print buyers should always be clear on the P.O. what they expect to pay for the job. Any pricing discrepancies must be cleared up before the job is printed. If there is a pricing discrepancy and we are not notified of it you will be expected to pay the current contract price for the job.
- As a printer we understand, and we expect a contract print buyer to understand as well, that a misprint allowance of 4% is industry standard. We do not charge for printing misprints, although we do count them as part of the quantity price break. As long as the misprints are within the 4% allowance, we do not replace them or charge for printing them. If we exceed the allowance then we will replace the goods, if there is time to do so without missing the delivery date. If there is no time to replace the goods, we credit the cost of any goods over the 4% allowance against the bill.
Our maximum limit of liability for any contract printing job is equal to the total invoice for that order.
Contract print buyers should always buy a few extras and ask the printer to replace misprints from those extras as needed if the quantities must be precise. Blank unused goods can always be returned for a refund to the supplier, so there is no reason not to do this. In addition, if the buyer is shorted for failing to provide extras then rerunning the job to fill in shortages will be billed as a separate job at a price relative to the quantity being rerun. Our contract pricing is based on monthly average volume, timeliness of payment, and the professionalism of the print buyer.
In my time of handling contract printing, these 6 rules have proven to be the very best guidelines I have used. All of my better clients are fine with these guidelines, and when we all understand each other’s requirements we are able to offer very consistent, high-quality decorating, faster turnaround times, and more aggressive pricing. Timeliness of payment is often the biggest factor in choosing to do work at a lower rate, so if your volumes are high and your cash flow is good we can be aggressive with the price.
If you're interested in becomming a contract customer please email me a email@example.com.